Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding – Dr. Angela Merkel Scholarship
The Dr. Angela Merkel Scholarship Program for Indian Law students was established in 2011. The program awards scholarships to six Indian graduate students each year for enrolment in a master’s degree program in European Law at a German university
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen
- A 1st class Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- There should not be a gap of more than 6 years between the award of last degree and application deadline
- Candidates should be residing in India at the time of application. Candidates, who have been in Germany for more than one year at the time of application, are not eligible to apply.
- One-off scholarship payment of 850 euros; participants from the countries defined by the OECD-DAC-List” (Least Developed Countries) receive a scholarship of 1,025 euros.
- The programme funds attendance of language and area studies courses as well as special language / terminology courses that are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe)
Check out this link to know more details, including the deadlines:
Kurt Hansen Science Scholarships:
The Kurt Hansen Science scholarship targets students from German-speaking countries who want to study abroad and international students, including Indians, who want to study in Germany. All applicants must be interested in becoming science teachers
Applicants should have good to very good grades and show a high level of motivation and personal commitment to the field. The applicant should be currently involved in his or her main course of study or have graduated less than two years ago.
- Applicants should have good to very good grades and show a high level of motivation and personal commitment to the field.
- The applicant should be currently involved in his or her main course of study or have graduated less than two years ago.
- The amount of the scholarship differs depending on the applicant. Applicants must submit a cost plan to the Board of Trustees who then come to a decision based on the individual needs of the student. Financial support is intended to cover cost of living, travel costs and individual project fees. The scholarship is paid out in installments according to an agreed upon payment plan
The Kurt Hansen Science scholarship application form is available online.
Check out this link to know more details: https://www.bayer-foundations.com/en/international-fellowship.aspx
DAAD Master’s Scholarship for Public Policy and Good Governance (PPGG)
This scholarship is mainly targeted at very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries in the future. The scholarships are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals. The scholarship scheme is open to candidates from India, Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia as well as from countries in the Middle East
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life.
- The scholarship targets very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who in the future want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries. The scholarships are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
- The latest university degree should have been obtained during the six years prior to the application for the scholarship.
- Applicants cannot be considered if they have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application.
- The main DAAD criteria for selection are: the study results, knowledge of English (and German), political and social engagement, a convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit after the return to the home country.
- DAAD scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are exempted from tuition fees.
- The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany, appropriate travel allowance, a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
- DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 750 €
Check out this link to know more details: https://www.daad.de/miniwebs/icostjerusalem/en/24639/index.html
Heinrich Böll Scholarships for International Students
The Heinrich Böll Foundation awards some scholarships to international students who gained their university entrance qualification from a school outside of Germany who wish to study a Masters or PhD Degree in Germany.
For International Master students who earned their university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- Applicants must have completed a first degree. Proof of first professional qualification must be provided
For International Doctoral students who earned the university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- The applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state or state-recognised university in Germany. Proof of admission, as a rule in Germany, must be included with the application.
- By the application date, preliminary work must have been completed and a valid timetable for completion must be submitted.
- PhD subjects related to focal points of the Foundation’s activities will be given priority.
- Non-EU students: €850 per month plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are in certain cases possible in Germany.
EU students: varies, max. €649 plus €300 book money per month; tuition fees not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries.
The scholarship is awarded for the regular period of study, may be extended by one semester.
Check out this link to know more details: https://www.boell.de/en/scholarships-application