These Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships allow successful applicants to benefit from the expertise provided by universities in low and middle-income countries around the Commonwealth. They are majority funded by the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP).
The scholarships give talented students – who can be from any Commonwealth country other than the host country – the opportunity to gain a Master’s degree while developing new skills and experiencing life in another country.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country, other than the host country.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelors degree of at least upper second level.
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- The scholarships are fully-funded, providing full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance, and a regular stipend (living allowance).
- They are for Master’s courses only and are not applicable to distance learning courses.
Check out this link to know more details: https://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/
INDIA 4EU II
India4EU II provides scholarships for Indian students, researchers, and staff in order to study, do research, training or teaching at one of the European Universities of the Partnership.
In accordance with the Erasmus Mundus scheme, different scholarships are available for different Target Groups and Mobility Types and with specific eligibility conditions. Follow the instructions below to check:
- If you meet the general eligibility conditions
- What Target Group you belong to
- What Mobility Type you can apply for
- If you meet the specific eligibility conditions related to your Target group and Mobility type.
- The scholarship includes a monthly subsistence allowance of 1,000 Euro paid by the Partnership for the duration of the mobility period:
- Scholarship will also pay for your travel costs (maximum 2,000 euro)
- Will provide you with a high quality individual insurance coverage on health, travel, accident for the duration of your mobility period
- Cover all university fees at the hosting universities.
Check out this link to know more details: http://www.india4eu.eu/scholarships
EURAXESS UK is a British Council managed hub which aids researchers in their career development, supporting mobility and acting as a support mechanism for researchers moving abroad or moving to the UK.
The categories of grants available include: fully-funded awards; visiting fellowships in agreed subjects at specific institutions; grants for research and professional visits; grants for doctoral study; and grants to attend the Scottish Universities Summer School.
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applying to pursue full-time residential courses of study at colleges approved by EURAXEES
- Agree to undertake a research aiding the UK government either alone or through an organization.
Funding sources can differ according to career stage and eligibility criteria can vary between organisations. Be sure to check your eligibility for certain sources before applying
- Travel grants provide funding for researchers to travel to or from the UK for conferences, workshops or short courses. They can also support travel to partner institutions to develop collaborations. Different schemes will vary according to their requirements, levels of funding and restrictions concerning total or part costs, including the registration fees and travel.
- Temporary or fixed-term contract for researchers who have gained a graduate or postdoctoral qualification. These are usually completed in an institution or involve laboratory-based research in the UK or another country.
- Some funding agencies offer support for international events, meetings, conferences or workshops. These may cover a range of subjects, skills, training, networking and knowledge-sharing.
Full information about the various types of scholarships for Indian students available, and guidance on eligibility and how to apply, can be found on this website: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/united-kingdom/uk-home
Goa Education Trust Scholarships 2016 (GET)
The Goa Education Trust (GET) scholarship provides Indian students from Goa with an opportunity to undertake postgraduate study in any academic field in the U.K.
The GET scholarship is offered by two public charitable groups in Goa, namely Dempo and Fomento, and managed by the British Council in India, U.K.’s international organization for educational and cultural relations. The number of scholarships offered varies year to year.
To be eligible for a GET scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be an Indian national holding a valid Indian passport, be a resident and a domicile of the state of Goa or born to Goan parents.
- You must be residing in India at the time of application.
- You must have confirmed admission to a Master’s course in the U.K. for up to one year.
- You must be 30 or below in age at the time of application.
- An excellent and consistent academic record and extracurricular achievements are:
- Partial or full tuiton fee covered by the organization.
To avail the scholarship, you need to first contact them via phone or email, and follow the standard procedure to avail it.