Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships:
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships are designed for outstanding Indians to pursue a master’s degree program at select U.S. colleges and universities in the areas of Arts and Culture Management, Environmental Science/Studies, Higher Education Administration, International Legal Studies, Public Administration, Public Health, Urban and Regional Planning, and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
In addition to the General Prerequisites (click on this link to know more: https://www.usief.org.in/Fulbright-Nehru-Fellowships.aspx ) the applicants should:
- Have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants should either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
- Have at least three years’ full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to your proposed field of study by the application deadline;
- Demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- Must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program; and
- If employed, follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip economy class air travel from applicant’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.
- Funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs; and
- Accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines.
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide no financial support for dependents.
Hubert H Humphrey Fellowship
The Hubert H Humphrey Fellowship is offered to students in fields such as Sustainable Development, Finance and Banking, Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change, Urban and Regional Planning, Democratic Institution Building, Public Health,
Application deadlines vary by country.
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences
Check out this link to know more about the deadlines and the details of the scholarship: https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/
The foundation has awarded scholarships for Indians since 1976. Only those talented people who have a flair for their chosen field are chosen.
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens resident in India.
- Candidates are expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized University in India.
- Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India, must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India, for at least two years at the time of applications.
- Candidates holding a postgraduate degree from university outside India or those who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India are not eligible. Institutions must only be top rank.
- It is essential that you already have the admission/ offer letter to a highly ranked institution and the course chosen.
- Candidates must be under 30 years of age as of 1 July, in the year of application.
- The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed program will be regarded by the foundation as a positive factor.
- Applications are also encouraged from young people currently employed.
Check out this link to know more details: https://www.inlaksfoundation.org/scholarships/
The scholarships are of two types:
- Scholarships for University Courses: Scholarships (of not more than USD 1,00,000) are granted at the top American, European and UK institutions. If your tuition fee + living expenses are going to exceed USD 1,00,000, then you must show proof that you can cover your extra costs on your own
The Foundation does not give scholarships for Indian students in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation.
- Scholarships for Specific Programs Proposed by the Candidate: Scholarships for Research, training or Professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently or attached to a leading Institution, and not leading to a degree.
Candidates must provide the full details of the proposed program along with the bifurcations in the financial requirement like travelling, maintenance allowance and Tuition fees.